- Recognized by all walks of life as an exemplary case of inter-Korean exchange and cooperation.
* Won a special commendation for being an exemplary activity (2004.12.31, The Minister of National Unification).
- North Korea expressed their gratitude for the substantial local cooperation projects.
- Building mutual trust for North-South Gangwon-do exchanges and cooperation.
Inter-Korea Ice Hockey Friendship Match
- He Inter-Korea Ice Hockey Friendship Match was successfully held as the first step in the winter sports exchange between the Governor of Gangwon Province, Kim Jinsun, and the Chairman of the North Korean Council for Reconciliation, Kim Youngdae, on December 2003.
- The participation of North Korean youth in the Youth Dream Program and the Youth Winter Sports Camp led to the expansion of the winter sports exchange.
- Created the domestic and foreign conditions necessary to host the 2014 Pyeongchang Winter Olympics in peace.
- One of the outcomes of the North-South Gangwon-do exchanges and cooperation, which have been promoted by Gangwon-do for the past five years, is a contribution to the formation of an inter-Korean community.
North-South Gangwon-do Folk Culture Festival
- Adopting the agreement on inter-Korean projects created the opportunity to promote extensive exchanges and cooperative ventures.
- The first folk festival put on by local governments provided an opportunity to recover the shared cultural heritage between North and South citizens.
- After a brief awkward moment during the first meeting, both North and South residents began to socialize throughout the joint tour and were unwilling to part at the closing ceremony.
Salmon Conservation and Propagation Project
- Propagating fisheries resources along the east coast shared by north and south Gangwon-do.
- Contributing to secure food substitutes and increasing the income of north Gangwon-do.
- Expanding a permanent North Korean infrastructure to produce salmon (salmon hatchery).
Prevention of Disease and Insect Attacks in Forested Areas
- Contributing to the conservation of the forest environment in the Seoraksan/Geumgangsan area.
- Creating conditions to jointly develop the Seoraksan/Geumgangsan area.
Cooperation Project between Agriculture and Transportation
- Gaining a foothold in the development of agriculture in North Gangwon-do.
- Improving road traffic conditions in North Gangwon-do ⇒ The extension of the east coast road.
- Creating the infrastructure to promote north-south Gangwon-do agricultural cooperation.
- Raising provincial consciousness of Korean exchanges and cooperation between the north and south, and working towards a peaceful unification.
- Creating the infrastructure to promote inter-Korean exchanges and cooperation at the private level.